Monday, September 26, 2016

Invoke Me

He, the Most High said, "And your Lord said: "Invoke Me, [i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islâmic Monotheism)] (and ask Me for anything) I will respond to your (invocation). Verily! Those who scorn My worship [i.e. do not invoke Me, and do not believe in My Oneness, (Islâmic Monotheism)] they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!" (Ghafir 40:60).
As-Shawkaanee rahimahu Allah said, "Indeed, He, subhanahu wa ta'ala ordered His servants to call on Him, then He said, 'Verily! Those who scorn My worship [i.e. do not invoke Me, and do not believe in My Oneness, (Islâmic Monotheism)] they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!' That points out that the dua/supplication is an act of worship, and leaving off of supplicating to the Rabb subhanahu ta'ala is arrogance, and there is nothing uglier than this arrogance." [Tuhfatudth Zaakireen 28].
***May Allah give me and you tawfeeq to call on Him to give us what we desire. Allahumma Ameen, ya Rabb.
Translator: Nasrin Akther

No comments:

Post a Comment